Full course description
The largest mental health treatment facility in Minnesota is the Hennepin County Jail. Crisis calls to police are on the rise across the state and mental illness is overwhelming the justice system. This is a recorded full-day conference tasked to understand the complexity of the criminalization of mental illness and to generate solutions. Sessions by experts in the field covered mental illness in policing, criminal court, jail and prison, and community corrections.
Video replay of event on April 26, 2019
Continuing education credits are approved from the following organizations. Please inquire for other continuing education options.
- Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education
- Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy
- Minnesota Board of Psychology
- Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training
- Minnesota Board of Social Work